Friday, October 21, 2011

Exhausting work

Come on I had to when else could I throw a double entendre as perfect as that out there?
Friday is usually my day off for bus, but Friday looks pretty busy with meetings with financial advisers, lunch with my sweetheart, pick up the kids, Anna to Volleyball tourney....the list goes on.
So knowing that I would get little to no bus on Friday, I elected to do a little thursday late night pipe fitting!

The dry fit of the muffler looked promising, although the mounting cradle doesn't hang it on an angle like this, but it gives me an idea of where things need to be.
Not to rush things but the weather outside is frightful, with rain not snow, and you know how much I want to avoid welding in the rain, so I had to make it quick.

I am pretty happy with the final product, but I couldn't separate the first 90 deg elbow from the second length of pipe. As such the pipe rides too low for my liking. But it will do until I get things mobile, then I can take it to an exhaust shop and have a new one bent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...