Thursday, September 27, 2012

A little of this a little of that...

 After a really productive day on Monday, Chris needed some parts. So I accompanied him on the way as a half blind navigator ! Made perfect sense....yes I'm going to say it..."The blind leading the blind"
 Having said that, Ol' eagle eyes (Chris) saw our reflection in a car in front of us and he said, "Hey you have a burnt out headlight!" So aside from Flxible's he does a bit of roadside assistance for Volkswagens too!






 As we (the royal we: Chris working, me watching) were listening to the engine bearings last time it became obvious that the belt tensioner bearing was making 'funny' noises. So we changed that out and got a new belt.
Three years ago on Fillmore's arrival, I took him to get the once over. The saftey inspection found a few faults, most of which were fixed. One of the last items on the list was the slack adjuster on the passenger side front. Simple enough, but we figured we didn't want the tall arm hanging out there so we decided to give it a trim.
 Chris asked me if I would do it, to which of course I said yes. But he saw the hesitation in my good eye, and thought better of it.





 I remained official photographer.







Another thing we had discovered was the airline, after 4 feet of braided cable and after it went through a bulkhead was still too hot and melted the airline going to the dryer! We ended up pulling that and running braided cable all the way from the compressor to the AD9 (air dryer)

On our parts run I got new shoes for the kids quad. So with me looking on and giving encouragement(nagging at him what to do) he put the brakes back together!! It was a proud Dad moment for me to see him do it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...