Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Here's mud in yer eye kid!

 
There's a tear in your eye, 
And I'm wondering why, 
For it never should be there at all. 
With such pow'r in your smile, 
Sure a stone you'd beguile, 
So there's never a teardrop should fall. 
 "When Irish eyes are smilin'" song lyrics

 Sorry, but I figure you have to have a sense of humour to survive this mishap.

The first few days, laying low was a piece of cake. When your eye hurts so much that you are afraid that it will explode if you sneeze it's pretty easy to say....."ehhh, I think I'll just listen to my podcast and have a little nap." Now that the pressure is down and I can think straight, I am itching to do something...anything....within my restrictions of course. But dishes, making breakfast, anything to keep my hands from being idle.
 So I am relegated to being the observer, opinion giver, random question generator, electrical connection kit organiser.

 In my observation of Chris, I'm watching a young guy with old school knowledge as well as the latest in virus protection for the new cars of today.....yes mechanics these days have to have a certain amount of IT training to work on the electronic cars of today. Anyway here is Chris diagnosing a bad bearing in our belt tensioner. He uses the crowbar up against the piece that we wants to listen to the bearings in, it's an old school stethoscope....works like a damn too!
Here, if you listen closely you can hear the chirping of the belt b/c of the bearings...and the age of the belt but...it's there.
 I graduated to the most physical work on my list, bending a metal flange for a cover on the heater cores!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...