Saturday, October 26, 2013

Turning up the heat


  Come on now it is the end of October. As much as I would love to think that fall will go on for ever, both my years of experience and the local weather man tell me that snow is on the way. Which means I need some heat. That starts with heat from my heater core. Again one of those projects that we started a long time ago,Good friends, good times , and finally it's time to finish it.....sort of.
 Here's the box I pulled of the magical storage shelf, a circulation pump that I bought years ago, the fittings, the hose, the brackets, hose clamps....the whole kit and caboodle.

 This is the motor mounting bracket after I drilled out the mounting holes to 3/8", which was the size of the vibration dampening mounts that I bought previously in preparation, you can see them installed here.
Next was fabricating a secondary mounting bracket so the vibration dampeners could do their job, with luck you wont be able to hear the coolant pump at all.
 Now this pic makes it look like Michelle is happy as a clam to have the fittings in place on the pump...in fact she was expertly timing the mocking actions and looks, when I would try to catch her on "film" she would put on the stage face and look all happy and excited.....cheeky monkey!


















 In the end things worked out perfectly, because of the off set of the intake pipe, I adjusted the orientation of the final mounting placement of the pump to minimize the angle/stress on the coolant pipe. I just came back from a test drive, I had heat!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...