Thursday, November 14, 2013

Destination in sight

 My UPS guy John was feeling lonely, it's been a while since I had a Fillmore package sent to my office. But today!! Oh what a treat! John was smiling when he came into the office saying " Well it's about bloody time you got workin' on this thing! I thought you gave up!"

"Au Contraire mon ami"

One of the 'details' that has been on my mind for years is replacing the destination sign. Numerous times I would do a google search looking for something. About a month ago I came across someone selling a destination sign mechanism on ebay. The set up wasn't quite what I wanted but in the pictures there was the manufacturer label visible. Within minutes I had located the company Transign in Waterford MI, very shortly after that I was exchanging emails with the extremely helpful Jan !
After we worked out the style and size of sign that I wanted ,and the names for the destination curtain it was an incredibly short time before the product was in my hands. Luckily for me Jeff was there for the reveal.
I found it very fitting that 'Winnipeg' was the destination visible in it's shipping state

 








Lots of smiles for both Jeff and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...