Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Oh the horror....

I am a dentist, not a politician, not a actuarial scientist, not an astronaut. So I blush with the memory of my attempt at a rum fueled poke at poetry. It was bad, there is no way around it. I tried, I played the "spoken word" card with my brother, my sister in law (god bless her) was quick to shelter my pride with an understanding and sympathetic smile....but alas poetry it was not.

I'll stick to creation of something more tangible and perhaps palatable.

The snow has fallen, winter is here, my thoughts turn to keeping warm. It's time to insulate. I have a triple layer approach. Reflective film, then extruded polystyrene foam board, and then finally the aspen aerogel.

The first layer the reflectix film was put in place some time back by Randy. Next is the EPS boards for the ceiling and the walls. I got moving on the  ceiling and then stumbled on the walls. I had to back up and move a step or two back, completing other jobs to allow me to carry on with insulation. First was the replacement of all the SS bolts holding the fluted  SS siding on. Removal was tough enough.(love those 60+ year old nuts and bolts)

As my age gets higher, my eyes get dimmer, and my work lights get better!!


















 
Then I wanted to clean up the metal under the screw heads
Finally getting the panels in place, sealed and ready to move on.

Ceiling was done, walls are started....


Over the wintry
forest, winds howl in  rage
with no leaves to blow.

Natsume Soseki  1867 - 1916

Yes, best left to the pros(e)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...