Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hip, Slick and Cool

I think it's payback. What I mean is, in my earlier life I was a procrastinator. If there was something that intimidated me, or a job I felt was easy and would only take a short stint of my time I would often be guilty of putting it off until later.What I didn't realize was that it wasn't just hurting myself by limiting my future options with my time, but it would affect others time as well.
And no I feel it's karma payback. Now I am the one waiting. The good news is that I am not waiting because someone is putting things off work has been done. It's just that when you are on the "no control over time" end of the stick it feels like forever, and when you are waiting forever you have lots of time to think about your past transgressions on other peoples time.
Last time you could see where everything(evaporator) was going to go in the dash now we have a housing in place. There was lots of discussion about bringing the whole lower face of the front dash out to be flush. But after consideration, I decided that I wanted just the area where the evaporator was to get the bump out. Partly because space is at a premium. Every possible inch of room can make or break the feeling of comfort vs constriction.



The second reason is, if you look back at original photos the front heater core was already a bump out. So doing the bump out that we did was a little nod to the original flavour!
















The front panel will be redone, it was the original mock up panel I made a while back and my intent was always to make it better, thus the random holes will go.





















I was happy to see the guys at Polar gave the same attention to detail that I did when it came to neat and tidy hoses and wiring. Everything is loomed!




Also duly impressed with the schematic!












Relays, fuses,loom,zip ties....









All shoe horned into a wee little space










4 Vents: 2 dash, 1 passenger, 1 for drivers feet





And finally, the compressor....I wish everything on the engine looked as bright and shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...