Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Reinventing the wheel

I sometimes wonder about people, and by people I often mean me....but it's less self deprecating to talk in the third person....but alas I digress. I wonder because often we see people who engineer their own demise. The scenario can range from someone using negative self talk and imagery before a competitive situation (usually sport) right up to the more serious poor life choices which set someone on the road to ruin. Now my following post definitely doesn't get into the same category of ruin but sometimes I wonder if I am making choice that purposefully slow down the rate of progress or if I am just taking my time and doing things the way my heart wants them.











Take for example the furnace.....
Last year Randy and I mounted the furnace in it's little cubby hole. I then removed it when Fillmore went to paint. That then gave me time to think.....(never a good thing)... and I decided that our mounting system could be improved upon for ease of access.
So, it was time to start fabricating new brackets and supports.











A coat or two of my favourite rust inhibiting paint (POR-15)













This is just the test fit, the system allows me to shift the furnace forward or back a few inches in each direction to idealize the final position. It also allows easy access from the bottom for servicing. Once the floors in place, access from the top is not easily obtained.Thus you can appreciate my question to myself, am I just reinventing the wheel here?










All the while life goes on.









The weekend also included some automotive classes.
Some on the road...                                                                         And some in the garage...
(yes in Alberta you can get your learners licence at 14)

And while my genetic pit crew swapped out the winter tires for the summer slicks, I stayed close to all the action while doing some storage bay prep work.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...