Monday, May 11, 2015

Gepetto here I come


The biggest mistake you could ever make 
is being to scared to make one.
-Author Unknown-


It was a great day yesterday. After a lovely Mothers Day supper in Banff with Michelle and the kids, we watched Anna dance and then Jeff and I returned home. Jeff hit the sheets while I played in the workshop listening to the hockey game. Unfortunately my Flames lost and have been pushed out of the playoffs for Lord Stanley's Cup, but I did have some fun getting back in touch with my inner Gepetto.
I knew for years now that I will have to construct arms for the couch in Fillmore. I made a play on the old Bridal Rhyme "Something old, something new, something borrowed and use some glue." Some of the wood I was using for the box body was recycled, some was new, the wood trim for on top actually comes from a couch my parents bought back in the 80's and was gifted to us many many years ago. The couch is long since gone but I had a premonition that I might be able to use the uniquely shaped wood one day!

The arm frame is quite simple in design, I will take it to an upholstery shop with the extra material I have and have it padded and covered.
I decided to add a little future flare, the wood trim on top is hinged. The plan is to have an airplane style table tray that will emerge from the arm.

Some day.....some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...