Saturday, July 18, 2015

Inside out......

It's time to start on the inside. I have been planning and accumulating "stuff" for the interior...sink, cooktop, furnace, couch, chairs, water pump...you get the idea. It's been kind of like buying pieces of leggo with the intent of building a specific object but not REALLY knowing how your going to fit all the pieces together. Now that the mechanical is done, paint and body is done, it's time to get going on the inside. Once again we start from the bottom and work our way up.
Not to imply that I'm a control freak but when the A?C was installed we put in a  mid coach heater core to use heat from the engine while we are running down the highway. They placed it where I wanted and left me ample extra hose to allow me the flxibility to reposition it to where I want. But what I wasn't fired up about was how the hoses were run underneath the bus. It would never make a functional difference or even an aesthetic difference but I knew they hung down and I knew they were low hanging fruit to fix right now while the floor was up. So I disconnected the electrical and coolant hoses and re-routed the hoses.
As I mentioned in a previous post, my water tanks required some creative ( but ultimately simple) solution. I must say since I have started the Fillmore project I have not been doing much woodworking anymore. It was great to be outside and creating some sawdust.
First job of the day, create fresh water tank covers...check!
Now on to job #2....create a battery box space. Time to put on the thinking cap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...