Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mornings, best time of the day.

I love mornings. The air is crisp, the birds are singing, the coffee is hot, and the world is quiet. It's a time where I can sit and think and frankly feel at peace.
On today's agenda was water. I used my quiet time of contemplation to think about how I wanted to handle the fresh water tanks. The original plan was that I would have two tanks that fit entirely below floor level, one on either side of the isle. But..... necessity required change. The space where I was hoping to place the furnace was going to be too tight, and it was needed for the engine driven A/C. So the furnace moved to the secondary water tank spot, which left me with one tank(77 Litres). I was hoping to be able to carry more fresh water than that, so my options included getting a slightly bigger tank for the given space (up to 100 L) or I could fit both tanks on their sides in the same space. The positive? I move to 144 L. The negative, the tanks would protrude up above the floor by 2" requiring me to cut and modify the floor and the tank fittings.

Not being one to shy away from change.....


I cut the floor

I will install the tanks and then build a cover over them that will ultimately be under a cabinet, and we'll never see it.

The changing of the tank orientation will require some creative fitting creations, but I love the hardware store anyway!

After a morning of playing in the bus it was time to stretch our legs and take the dogs out for a spin. After a little while our little dog "Nacho" was acting funny, kind of skiddish and little growls. A quick glance over our shoulder saw that we were being followed.....by a juvenile deer. We would walk, it would follow. We would stop, it would stop. It followed us for a hundred yards or so until a car came and scared it away!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...