Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Never have I tried so hard...

Why is it when you don't want to create havoc, the mere thought of creating havoc sets off a chain of events and the next thing you know your sitting in a prison cell with a guy with a " No Regrats"tattoo on his neck telling you how aliens are responsible for the fact he broke into a local laundry matt and was found cowering inside one of the washing machines. Not that this has ever happened to me, I'm speaking hypothetically of course...
Lets move on.
What I am trying to say is that sometimes , by accident, you can break something or damage something because of a momentary lapse of focus, or forward planning of the ramifications of the action that you are taking to complete a task. So much affect with so little intent.

And then there are times where you try, and try and work REALLY hard to disrupt the unblemished beauty of perfection........and you are stymied at every turn.
Simple story really, I needed to drill two 7/8" holes to run the battery cables into the coach battery bank. Seems simple enough right? I have a bimetal saw-hole kit. I have a 7/8" bit. I even knew that it would likely dull my bit (already used multiple times) so I purchased another bit to be on the safe side

It was even touted as being ideal for stainless steel..............perhaps not 11 gauge SS (1/8")


 A trip to Cochrane for more supplies(and a coffee)...6 saw holes, 2 drill bits, plenty of sweat and A LOT of colourful adjectives



I was finally able to achieve my goal and finish the battery bank wiring. Lights! Camera!.....next job please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...