Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Loose ends

Ever had a song stuck in your head? Sometimes it's an awful thing when the song is a bad song, but sometimes it can be fabulous...like having your very own MP4 player in your head...
Right now I have a line from old Blue eyes rattling around in my brain.
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway....
Well you get the picture.


















The last little while has been spent doing jobs that, although could be done at any time, are easier to do now before interior walls and such are starting to get put into place. Things like installing drain plugs on the underside of the water tanks to allow for winterization. Now was the time to do them so I didn't have Frank singing I told you so to me down the road.




















Direct wiring the furnace to the fuse panel. There are a number of open circuits, but none of them were wired and none of them even  had terminal ends in them. Should be quite simple you would think. I first went to my fall back, Greggs Distributing...these guys have everything.....but not this time. Then I went to the parts counter of Kenworth....notta!
I finally thought I would have a home run at the parts counter for the International truck dealership. Unfortunately  we seemed to have developed a generation of parts guys who are lost if they can't have a vehicle VIN number. The block came from a International 4300, but I got nothing but blank stares when I handed them the fuse black and said I need the end terminals.
Although I struck out, I did not give up. In my texting with Chris he said  it should be quite simple they are a typical Delphi style clip. The internet is an amazing thing, just google Delphi style fuse block and viola!
Two days later it's sitting in my office with exactly what I need and all the replacement parts for the future!
Next on my list was to finish the furnace install by running the exhaust pipe. I had been eager to use my new toy....

A poor video, but when you realize I am under the bus, holding the iphone in my leftt hand and the RivNut gun in the right, you might cut me some slack.

As many things, a great idea can only be as good as the available materials/supplies. I ran out of 1" pipe supports. The exhaust line is in place but uneven which will allow for condensate to form and pool. I have since gotten three more pipe holders and plan to re-install.

Living where we do, we get spoiled. We see more wild animals in a week than most people see in a year or more. On an afternoon while Michelle and I were about to head out for a run, a big momma moose was hanging around. I was a little puzzled. At one point our attack dog (Chihuahua) took off after the moose. Normally the moose would spook at the sound of  the  opening of a door.To my surprise she didn't budge, she actually snorted and took a few steps towards Nacho(the dog with little man syndrome). Frankly I was getting ready for a little dog pancake when the moose would flatten the overzealous canine, But she spared his little life, and when he turned and scurried away with his manly tail tucked beneath his yellow belly that's when we saw why she was so reluctant to leave. A set of twins came loping up the hill with the awkward grace of a teenage boys leaving us watching them move through the trees a little uneasy that one might trip and fall into the woodshed.
And then just like that all that was left was sunshine and a general feeling of gratitude that we were witness to such gangly beauty.

1 comment:

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...