Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Over the ground lay a carpet of white...


 Bright and sunny, cool and crisp.....what winter should be really. Maybe not for weeks at a time but definatley a few days strung together here and there to make sure you remember you live in Canada
 I was driving home from work yesterday and I had to stop. Although the picture does not do it justice, the field looked like a thick lush carpet rolled out for all to see. When I was growing up, I would see a field like this and just ache to drive a snowmobile through the fresh powder, bouncing from ski to ski floating on the powder cloud beneath me. But alas, it's not my land and I don't have a snowmobile, perhaps its better this way, now everyone can enjoy the fresh clean field.


 I know the saying is the" eyes are the window to the soul", but I love doors. They are like the first impression. A small statement to the world saying this is who we are

The vibrant colours of central america...




















The ornate doors of east Africa...                                  And the humorous doors found along the way


My doors, aren't quite as ornate, or funny, but they have their own little nod to Michelle's family and their time in Kenya.
I cut back the drawer fronts and trimmed them with Muvuli

Looking pretty sharp in my humble opinion....I even got the nod from my 14 year old son, who said, those are lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...