Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Putting up a front

The journey continues. I move forward one step at a time. I have been working on the drawer fronts for the back of the bus. Trimming them with some family significant Muvuli wood from east africa. After a good evening of putting 5 of these together and rehearsing  to my song list for the open mic night at our local pub, I finally had the presence of mind to film me putting the last drawer front together!

The two chest of drawers are complete enough to reinstall in the bus. I say complete enough because I still have to laminate a table top for the drivers side drawers out of the same clear fir that I used on the passenger side top from Michelle's family farm that Ron and I saved many years ago.


















I will spend a little time refining the corners. I don't want them to be so sharp, I would  rather they be a little less severe , I will gently round the mitred corner, just soften it a little.


Overall I am happy with how they turned out. The high gloss surface and the chrome button give it a nice finish.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...