Sunday, February 5, 2017

One more time

I am not complaining, I design the thing to allow me to back up and re-do. It's a way to compensate for my poor planning, or ignorance to the order of business really. But the bottom line is I often feel like "I have been here before"


This time rather than pull Jeff away from something important.....like homework....I decided to reinstall the fridge on my own now that the 110V electrical wires and plugs have been installed on the passenger side.


Next was to put the final coat on the rear cabinets. After much effort using the HVLP spray gun, I decided to explore another option. Airless. After some research, some consultation with contractors, and reading what the oracle had to say on the subject, I decided to jump in head first, no toe dipping here kids! It was time to rebuild a spray booth

And a fine one it was/is....


The results were way better than expected. As my good buddy Harold told me....'this happens fast'..."this thing puts out a lot of paint, and fast!"



 So I was a little unprepared, I thought I could spray a few pieces and then move on to the rest another day. The set up process takes some time, the painting process takes seconds....so I really couldn't bear the thought of cleaning up, packing up and then setting up all over again. So some quick movements and I was able (with the help of Jeff) to move the big pieces and set up the table for all the door fronts.


 Then another 20 min of rookie clean up and we were all put away! The finish is great! Ill let things cure.....yes I got impatient and touched a piece leaving my finger prints on it....so I only have one piece from 14 that I have to re-do!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...