Saturday, September 9, 2017

Where did it go.....


To quote the ever talented Steve Pineo, "Summertime is fleeting on these cold alberta plains" Here we are Sept 8, and I sit back and wonder where the time went. It seems only yesterday that I was doing the last blog....and sadly, that was in JULY!

Although I may not have had the where with all to sit down and blog, I did manage to capture a little bit of summer with respect to Fillmore and the associated work.
The end of July brought Ron and Verna out for a visit, which helped me tremendously with progress on the shop within the bus shelter.
In just a few days it went from a bunch of sticks of wood to an insulated and vapor barriered  shop. Not without a little blood shed, my finger, Ron's forehead...but that's another story.
But all good times must come to an end, and with every door that closes another opens.....I'm desperately trying to think of another cliche to put here but I'm out....
Seriously, our time together in Alberta came to an end but we all piled into Fillmore and tracked across the prairies. I was glad top have a willing participant in the driving department, and Ron got a chance to enjoy the fruits of his labors, he's put in many man hours on Fillmore!
Six of us fit nicely in the bus this time and had a nice trip. Tyus, my 7 year old nephew from Ontario was estatic that by 10 in the morning he was watching TV eating chips and drinking a juice box, now this is traveling!
Westward we went to LA Salle to the wedding of my beautiful niece Jessica, and her handsome and talented hubby Tyler. A beautiful wedding outside on the farm. Casual and perfect in my mind.
Anna, freshly back from her trip to Africa was so happy to see her family.
After many years of waiting Mike finally got a chance to get behind the wheel, a fun little trip after a great get together at his place after the wedding!

The trip did not go without casualties.....my drivers window took a hit from a passing truck. Nothing puts fear into your heart like the thought of tryng to replace a 67 year old windshield....
luckily we found a place in Winnipeg that did a crack repair. Not perfect, but will buy me time until I can source a new one if the crack propagates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...