Friday, July 5, 2019

Summer Fun


It was July long weekend and there was some fun to be had. Some of it was in Fillmore. Earlier in May we went to a friends ranch where he hosted some qualifying races for OTTA. This weekend was a second race in the same category. We packed up a couple families(lots of kids) and headed out for the day
It was a beautiful day full of sunshine and laughs.





At the end of the trip, the mom from one of the families said "Thank you for doing this!", but really I should be thanking her. From the start of Fillmores journey, this is what I had always hoped we could do, grab some friends ,some food, some music and hit the road!

So far the summer hasn't seemed like summer, cool weather and lots of rain, so I was happy when Canada Day was here we finally got a wee taste of summer time...and some of us squeezed every drop out of it that they could!
Meanwhile back in the shop, I am experimenting. This is very early days but I am still toying with window coverings. I mean  I know what I would love to get(order) but at more than $200 each(custom width)....and I need 12 of them?.....That's not going to work. I feel like I can fabricate a more creative solution.


After a dive down the Utube rabbit hole, where I started looking at a recipe video for fried chicken and 45 min later found myself tearing up to a documentary of three legged cats singing opera on the streets of Prague  to make ends meet, I did find an interesting band of videos about bending PVC pipe


So, I'm trying to alter an existing car blind to a larger scale and fabricate a new casing....
We will have to see how this goes....I suspect this will be a long trial and error process.

Some of us in the house, although very supportive of morning coffee on the deck, seem to be less engaged in the dilemma of roller shade fabrication when I bring it up......"kids these days!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...