Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Good news!


It's been a good week and we're only two days in!
I got some glazing channel ("U" shaped window rubber) samples yesterday from a company in the USA. They fit!!! So rather than have to take the hit and have the rubber seals custom made I can by them from this company by the foot!
Second bit of good news is the Tie Rod saga. Randy took the time this week to go hunting. After two places where the parts guys (who in one place happened to be Randy's former student-small world) had looks of bewilderment and amusement he was finally directed to a third place where we struck gold.
After much silent contemplation by the parts manager, he said..." Bring me back the tie rod and we'll see what I can do" So today he returned with all the parts. The manager disappeared for about 45 min. Only to return with new tie rod ends and an old tie rod "tube". This weekend a little strip and paint and then we are go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...