Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Christmas time in the city.

A frosty evening, but I managed to get out and do a little work on the bus. I had been hoping to get at it all day but being this was the day before we left to spend Christmas in Ottawa for a week, I had a few other things to do first.

Tonight was just more interior work, pulling up the floor. A little heat and it was toasty inside.....well OK not toasty but after a while my nose stopped running and I couldn't see my breath anymore. All things considered....it was great!

Notice the propane heater!!


The passenger side has an under floor storage compartment, accessible from the outside. But I don't have a "key" for it so I have never opened it yet. I say "key" because it really is just a square peg about 1/4"...but I just haven't gotten around to fabricating it yet. None the less I finally got a peak inside when I pulled the floor up on that side tonight. In there were two extra headlight pots, a couple of pieces of SS fluting, and a tire iron......a tire iron! That would have come in handy when we went through the whole broken breaker bar scenario ........ehhhhh crap. Live and learn, live and learn.

1 comment:

  1. I have a '52 Flxible Visicoach. My coach also has the passenger side storage compartment. I believe it was originally to carry a spare tire.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...