Friday, December 4, 2009

Skin and bones

As we wrestle with the underside, work still continues on the innards. The ceiling is gone, the walls are gone, the platform is gone, now it's time for the floor. It still surprises me but the floor is plywood. Yes you hear me...plywood. I wasn't quite sure what I thought it would be made from but it wasn't plywood.

I guess like in a car I was expecting sheet metal, but ....NOT!
It's hard to say if this is the original stuff, if it is then it is in great shape for it's age. The plan is to pull up the floor so when it is sandblasted it can be cleaned as well. It also allows me to better visualize the spaces underneath that are potential homes for clean,black and grey water tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...