Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Here!!

I love looking at the beauty of metal....except when it rusts....although that has it's own beauty too.


Now where was I....

Oh yes body panels, After Ron came back from Mexico we did the last of the Panel dry fitting(almost).This piece took a little out of the box thinking to get all the holes drilled, but we got 'er




OK OK enough teasing, On Friday when I was having coffee with Randy, "it" showed up. What is it?....


The NEW ENGINE!!



Well OK not 'new" but new to the bus. It's a 5.9L Cummins Turbo, 1992 with about 50 thousand Kilometers on it. It's from a series of pick ups bought from an underground potash mine. It's life has been one of regular maintenance and institutional up keep, the body rusted out but the engine is all good.
Or at least that's what the sales guy said. None the less, it's in good shape.


After removing it from the palate and doing an inspection, things aren't too bad. There has been some damage to the oil pan, I'll have to go to a wrecker and get a new one..


Although I must admit, Michelle is far from thrilled in the fact that my workshop is so full I have spilled out into the garage






No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...