Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let the fun begin!

Very Exciting. This was the first day to try and rebuild. First order of business was to dry fit the new body panel. Before I could do that I had to do a little welding to reconstruct some pieces I had to cut away.....where are you Shawn.....teaching me how to weld now would be good timing...


Sunshine and giggles!



Not bad... but far from 'clean'...that's why the final picture of the weld is soooo far away....oh well nothing an angle grinder won't fix.



I covered everything that was exposed (after a little sand blasting) with a kick ass rust paint called POR-15.... and for those in the know, I didn't wear gloves... and yes I regret it, I've had to explain the stained hands to my patients all week.

1 comment:

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...