Sunday, January 16, 2011

If nothing else...it was predictable

As luck would have it, not so much for my brother Mike but for me, Mike came to town to be my experimental candidate for some new technology that I have in office at work. We had a good laugh as I put him through the dental ringer...just like old times...16 year ago as I went through dental school we did the same thing, but back then he had to put on a brave face in front of the profs so as I would get a good grade. This time I gave him free reign to say what he wanted. Thanks Mike you were a good sport!
We worked hard and got all the clinical stuff done, soooooooooo.....lets work on FILLMORE!!


Of course the biggest thing on the agenda is getting the rear diff in place. I have machined the mounting brackets, had new U bolts made, had the shock absorbers reconditioned....now to get the rest of the lower frame from the air suspension off the diff.
 So I let Mike loose with the new makita angle grinder, and we did some damage!(wait was that foreshadowing?)
 The temp was close to -20C with a wind so we bundled up well. But Mike tends to run a little hot at the best of times, so when he's swinging a sledge and on a mission there is a wee bit of steam....which unfortunately didn't show up all that well in the photo but it was funny!
 So the good news is we got most of the frame off...
 The bad news is, the brand new angle grinder calved on us(predictable)...shortly after the photo of mike and the steam, the steam around him turned to a thick charcoal color of smoke emanating from the blue housing. Yes we burnt out the motor...considering it was only the third 'cutting' disk, there must have been something not quite right with the tool.
Speaking of tools...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...