Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to the grind

Yes, yes...pun fully intended. So the pile keeps getting deeper....and I am not referring to the quality of my stories about the bus. I mean the scrap metal pile at the edge of the driveway. I had better get all this stuff cleaned up before Jed and Luella come by for a drink of moonshine and some banjo pickin' on the porch.


Friday and Saturday were chock-a-block full of 'to-do's'. A presentation in the morning on Saturday then a fundraiser in Edmonton by the dental school with the proceeds going towards DFA had us all hoppin'. An early return to Bragg on Sunday allowed the kids to meet their commitments(dance and birthday party), and allowed me some time with 'Big Daddy'.
I have to say that I am glad I got the heavy duty grinder, it really takes care of the job at hand...but holey Cr#* that thing is heavy. After wielding it around for a few hours I was TIRED! (ya, ya..." suck it up buttercup"...I can hear you Shawn)
As you can see in this pic, this is the bottom of the diff.  I am test fitting the mounting bracket which cradles the diff and sits on the leaf spring.


This again is the bottom, the flange could be removed but I am going to leave it on to see if I can get a practical us out of it...ie: a lateral guide/stabilizer for the springs
I brought out the whole kit and kaboodle.....I'm not sure that is really a word. Anyway, as per usual 95% done. Then I used the last of my cutting disks, I have two more small flanges on the very top of the diff which I want to remove, then I'll wheel it over and place it under the back end!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...