Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Does this engine make my butt look fat?

 Well another day in God's country....I suppose I should be careful, I might spark one hell of an argument in the Flxible community if I bring religion into the same sentence as Flxible. So lets just say it's another beautiful day in Fillmore country!
Now I'm not under illusions of grandeur in thinking that I have oodles of followers of this blog. I have a few die hards, mostly family and the occasional person who must hit it on a google search, but I have to say I was a little disappointed that I didn't get one remark after my last post. I think it's a sign of age. The older I get the funnier I think I am and the more puzzled are the looks I get from my kids when I crack a joke.

Well today I started by a little site clean up. I am bound and determined to get rid of all the frame from the donor vehicle, even if I have to do it 100lbs at a time!





 
 Then it was time to tackle on 'FAT' rear end. The early model Clipper is a foot or two shorter than the Starliner, so dropping the 8.3L Cummins into it proved to be a spacial challenge. I had to move the engine as far back as I possible could. Actually I went to the drive line guys and said what is the shortest drive shaft you can make me with what I have. That then determined where the engine had to go. As a result the rear door won't close.




So a little mods are called for. I had to remove the latch that was on the door, then cut back some of the flange at the bottom support.







Anna was my official photographer today... I have to say she's got a pretty good eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...