Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rad man, totally Rad!

 Sorry I think I left you hangin' WRT the outcome of the booty work. The door closes nicely now. I will have to figure out a new way to latch the door but I have a few ideas. With the door fully closed you can really see how much the engine cradle sits back, but not to fear the skirt and bumper will cover most of it!!
 So on to the next job. Now that the engine is in, the next step is mounting the radiator. Some time ago I made a frame for the rad to sit on ( http://49clipper.blogspot.com/2010/12/oh-weather-outside-is-frightful.html  )  Buuuuuuuuut, as you can see by the look on my face I wasn't totally enamored with it.
I felt the angle was to flat, if I had the room I should try to idealize the angle of the rad to allow for max coolant flow and air coverage.

Problem with this wee beast is that I can't just pick it up and play with the angle while holding above the engine in the engine room.
Well, let me rephrase that, I could if I wanted to.... I mean I'm man enough to do it....but I choose not to...ya that's it, I CHOOSE not to!!

In all seriousness, that sucker out weighs me, so I had an idea...

 What not make a dummy rad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...