Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Uno mas!

 I HATE giving up. I try sometimes to just step away, to say 'let it go'. But I am WAY to type "A".
 It's hard to admit that b/c I like to think of myself as laid back and easy going but.....ahhhh reality sucks.
 So Monday this week was a bad day. I don't often have bad days, I have stressful days, I have busy days, hell I even have frustrating days. But this was a bad day!
 I won't bore you with too many details about the crappy work day, pun fully intended, but lets just say sh** flows downhill. A little plumbing problem in the office quickly snowballed into a catastrophic F%# -Up.
On the bus front, a realization that a previous action (removing the ram air chute) compromised the structural integrity of the bus, and now my back end was sagging. No not my back end- although at 42 there is an argument to be made on that- but Fillmore.
In my last post I was contemplating whether to mount the rad to the side and leave the chute out. I decided to consult with a gent in Texas( at least I think that's where he is). He quickly set me straight, the chute is part of the monocoque construction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monocoque
 As such he recommended I jack up the rear end and support it until such time that I can redo the chute. He was 100% right. I had noticed a few rivet holes that had been drilled out didn't line up anymore. I found that odd but in my ignorance didn't connect the dots.
Soooo after I jacked up the rear end and blocked it, I had enough. I put Fillmore to bed and
said 'screw it!'
I had hit the wall. A couple of days later after having time to cool, I couldn't let it beat me. I didn't need to fix everything right now but I did need to leave on a high note, I needed a small victory!
 So I decided to cut stuff up! I finally cut up and move the last of the donor frame out of the way

 Dewalt heavy duty grinder, sledge,pry bar, and a farm jack and I was in business.
Wrestling these pieces onto the trailer by myself was a chore but it felt good.
Now I can rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...