Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cut and paste....dry run

You know the thing that comes with time....or better put ...age, is not only perspective but experience. Now I'm not making claims that I have allot of previous experience with all of this that has come to benefit me now. But I am saying that this journey has made me look at myself and come to terms with some of my idiosyncrasies. For example, I know that when I'm golfing and that little voice in my head says 'back away and re-address the ball' I better do it because if I don't I will be sorry. Whenever I say this will be 'good enough' and the voice is grumbling......it is never good enough, it will bug me until I surrender and do it right.
Just like Sunday...
I know that I had to rebuild the ram air chute to help distribute the weight and forces on the frame from the engine. I decided through that rather than just creating a box out of sheet metal, I would build a frame first to help hold the forces. This too would then allow me to modify the design so that I can remove the lower panels for working on the engine.So, template time again...
After some rough cuts, tracing with a scribe and a few'F' bombs....I came out with the template. Then I looked at my metal stock. What I wanted is 16 gauge......what I had was 20 gauge....(whisper, whisper)...that should be good enough?!...(whisper, whisper)
So I traced and cut the 20 gauge...(Murmur,murmur)....it looks great...should work like a charm.....(grumble,grumble).........ehhhhhh CRAP!....alright stop the shouting, I pick up the 18 gauge on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...