Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Looks can be deceiving

The beauty of a project like this is that you get to do the things just the way you want them. When I purchased the bus it needed a bunch of electrical work to make it road worthy. I mentioned before Chris Kruse from Missoula Montana took Fillmore home and re wired his neural system. He did a great job! There were a few decisions that had to be made on the spot like where to put the fuse box. In the end he put it in the engine compartment (good) in a nice little spot in the floor(not so good), the old battery box.
I have no idea if it is original. I suspect not, but it doesn't matter. The issues I have with it being there are two fold, first it is not a water tight box, and it is behind the wheel, and although Alberta is a very dry climate....it's not that dry, and I'm a worry wart. Second is the new battery I want to use takes up the whole battery box...so I have to move the fuse panel.
A little daunting at first blush....
After some heavy and distinct labeling this is what I have left.
On to the new fuse box construction. It will be mounted on the front wall of the engine bay just to the right of the door.
This is an older picture to make sure it fits in the space. I have since mounted it towards the top, leaving space underneath for the isolation switches etc.
Now the big brute can sit in it's spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...