Saturday, August 13, 2011

Keepin' Busy


So after a long dry spell, I got back at it again. I must admit it feels great to get back at the bus. Ron and Hazel are here....no, no Ron (my father-in-law) did not bring his girlfriend..Hazel is his mother in law. Verna is here but not at our place, there is some happy news, Michelle's sister Marcia had her second baby. Get this a boy 11lbs 2oz!!!

On Friday Ron and I spent some time running around getting some 'stuff', fuel line ends, expansion tank,selling the old scrap[ metal and buying some new tube steel. Funny how it's sooooo cheap to sell and soooo expensive to buy!
So Saturday brought the usual suspects, weekly trip to the dump, recyclables, groceries, take the boys on a mountain bike ride......then about an hour of bus time. Never enough but we'll take what we can get.
I got Ron working outside in the shade, making noise and sparks......heaven.
Ron's job was to strip down the expansion tank for the cooling system. He then passed it off to the exterior finish department...
Yes you guessed it your favorite and mine....Ms. Jazz hands herself...Anna. Her job was to paint the tank with.....POR 15.
All the while I was able to play with 2x2" wood, making yet another prototype.
After I finished the wood mock up Ron helped me cut all the required pieces, I measured, he cut and beveled, readying the pieces for welding.
I finally got over myself and faced the music. The ram air chute had to be replaced to ensure structural integrity of the rear end. The argument I was having  with myself was the rad. Do I put it in the chute or do I place it off to the side. Pros and cons to them both. The biggest con of the rad I have going in the chute is that it is bigger than the chute itself.  If the rad is to go in the chute then it will have to be redone, making it wider than before. If I pace the rad to the side then I can re-make the chute to the same size, I can still use the chute for the tranny cooler, and hydraulic cooler if I go there.
So the frame for the chute is in place ready for final welding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...