Monday, March 11, 2013

Waiting........

Well, the OOPSI has come and gone. My spidey senses were tingling when I took Fillmore in for the safety inspection. I was real confident with the body and the electrical, engine/tranny/rear diff upgrade. As I was driving into the city I worried about the steering, alignment was fine but there was "play" in the system.
Well results are back, and the shop had two comments. First was they were impressed with the engine etc and the electrical work....Nice!......second was not so positive.The steering linkage has to much play and will need attention before the  pass on the safety inspection, as well the bushings in the leaf spring hangers are worn and warrant replacement.
I wasn't surprised, but I was disappointed, even if I knew deep down it was coming. So next step is to investigate the cause of the play in the steering. Is it the steering box, pitman arm, drag link, idler arm? We will find out!
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...