Monday, June 3, 2013

Things that make you say...."Hmmmmm?!"

As many of you know, I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a few years back. For many people, receiving this news is quite traumatic, it is a new paradigm for your life, and some have trouble coping or even as far as never "recover". For myself? I simply learned from the guidance and example of my then 10 year old, and attempt to handle the challenges with as much dignity and grace as she does. Finding the silver lining to every thing is paramount. For example, beer. Gluten Free beer has come a long way even in the short time I have been exposed to it. Although some microbreweries hesitate and therefor loose some very lucrative market share, others have jumped at the opportunity and done so with a marketing ploy that works. Sure the beer isn't as rich and full bodied as beer that is traditional, but look at the fun you can have!
Even if it is at the expense of your greatest helper, supporter and believer in your mid life crisis.


Today was full of sunshine and cool breezes. For Fillmore who is going to have the follow up safety inspection on Thursday, I continue with some last minute details. Although I have had the new wiper washer pump installed for months now, and I have purchased the tubing...I had yet to install.
Seemingly benign and an uninspiring detail, but a detail that could send us back to the drawing board if left unattended.
This was one of those times where I needed a second set of hands. I attempted to secure from both the inside and out, and frankly thought this was quite creative....but I still needed to call Anna for some real time human touch.
All hooked up and ready to go. 

BTW now THIS is a crime against humanity...
Oh the horror...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...