Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Fun

 There are many great things about living in Canada, I could get into political reasons, and social care reasons, but it's also as simple as it's where the heart is. It's a true statement and there is hefty weight to the statement, because as wonderful as any place is to live there are always things that make you stop and say..." why do we live here?"
One of the things I love is winter, but frankly it goes on for a wee bit too long for my liking. By the time spring hits you are definitely getting a dose of cabin fever. This spring was a tough one. Cool, and late so when the warm weather hits you start to feel panicky, like you have to ram as much as you can into the few short weeks of warm weather we have otherwise you will miss it. Thus somethings get ignored....like the lawn. Thankfully my son is eager to work and sort of power tool....so he jumps at the chance to help out!

 Purely for his self esteem, I thought rather than me standing over his shoulder making sure he was 'OK' or that he was 'doing it right' I decided that it was a better idea that I let him spread his wings of independent working and I busy myself with something else.....
 So, it was time to address the alternator. After some testing....I found that it truly was the alternator, it wasn't a fuse, or a bad connection. The thing was popping out an absolute "0" on the volt meter when Fillmore was purring away. So I pulled it and took it in to Dave at Amperage Technologies. Sure enough one of the brushes was fried and needed to be replaced. Less than a day later I was there picking it back up and re installing it into Fillmore. Works like a charm now!
 Kids are done school now, so I decided to try to keep them away from a TV and put them to work. We took a page from Ben Willmore's restoration journey with the Creative Cruiser and made some mock up counters to allow us to better visualize where things are going to be in Fillmore. Now to be fair....these are NOTHING like Ben's mock ups, but for us it does the job to facilitate the spacial relationships of the furniture.

It really looks like a cheap card table but that my friends is the counter with the cook top!
The original drivers seat represents the dinette, and the toilet is tucked in back there but you can't actually see it.
It's hard not to want to go faster, but with everything that has happened in our community in the last week. Working on a hobby project- a fulfilling as it is- doesn't take priority over helping those who have lost so much in our community.
Baby steps!Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...