Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Prodical son has returned

I cannot believe how long it has actually been since Fillmore was safe in his little shelter. March 2...MARCH 2nd!! There has been a Fillmore drought for 3 Bloody months. Yes, yes I admit there has been plenty accomplished, jut not directly by me.
 I had been placing phone calls to Standens and playing telephone tag with Tom trying to find out when I could expect to get Fillmore home. By Friday I had resigned to the fact that it wouldn't be until next week. You could imagine my surprise and delight when I phoned in once again and Steve at the service counter said "Yep! it's done!!". Although Friday was a crappy weather day, raining and cool, I was stoked to get in and pick him up. Michelle sensing my excitement was more than willing to help get me there to do it. I think she finally hit the wall in terms of watching me wander around the house aimlessly for the last few months and now she wants to get me out from under foot!
 The drive home was cool, I haven't hooked up the heater core hoses yet, but I wasn't feeling it. The steering  no longer feels like your are herding cats down the road. Don't get me wrong this is not the responsive handling of a Tesla ( a little shout out to my peep in Victoria) but the balancing and alignment along with the rebuild of the steering box makes it a pleasure to drive and steer!
 Once I got him in the shelter and spent some time crawling around underneath, looking at all the handy work I had to laugh. One of the mechanics left his grease rag hanging on the front axle. And after a 70 km trip it was still there!
 Here is the steering box, resealed, filled up, adjusted and fine tuned!


I wasn't able to spend a ton of time solely on Fillmore today but I did manage an hour or two. I chased down a few electrical concerns. Turned out to be a fuse, a cut wire, a bad connector, and a burnt bulb. (not all the same problem 4 different ones!) Then Anna and I spent a few minutes and calibrated the speedo. It was an easy sell to get her to buy in, I told her she would get to spray paint the road!...now I will actually know how fast I am going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...