Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Charlie Brown Christmas

Living on an acreage there are plenty of pros and cons. A con? when you run out of 5/16 coarse thread bolts late on a Sunday evening....your day is done. Although the Moose Mountain Hardware store never ceases to amaze me in what they have on hand, it is not Home Depot and thus they do close their doors at a reasonable time. A pro to living where we do? Well the kids and I went Christmas tree hunting...in our own back yard. It was an exhaustive search that lasted about 15 min. I know it's not the Christmas tree lot tree but frankly it's what we prefer. We are always a root for the underdog kinda family so getting a Charlie Brown Christmas tree seems only right!





It is time to prep the interior window skins, first a sandblast, then modifications to allow for the insulation and wall board.


















Using a sandable primer I painted the remaining bare metal, a couple of coats for good measure. 













Then with a 220 grit sandpaper spent some time getting to know the window skins.










Having CBC radio in the shop is a true god send.












Anna was having a quiet day, lounging on the couch after getting all her school work done. I conscripted her into service, helping me install all the skins on the passenger side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...