Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Wee little steps

 It's almost not worth posting but on the other hand, progress is progress. After getting a couple sizes of angle iron and playing around with different possibilities for modifying the interior window skin, I finally came up with a solution. Apply the KISS rule and move on.
 So I trimmed the bottom flange, leaving some excess that I could bend to my liking and use as backing for the 3/8" (~10mm)wall board. I know some guys use metal wall boards but being up in Canada, insulation is insulation, and the R factor of even a piece of 3/8" plywood is more than sheet metal....soooooooo, wood wins today!




This is obviously not the wall board but rather a scrap piece of 3/8" plywood just to see what the finish line looks like. And it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...