Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Out of sight and on my mind!

Some would say it's cursed, over the past year and a half, just when things get going well WRT Fillmore progress, disaster strikes. Maybe it's Fillmore trying to slow progress because he loves the attention, maybe it's a curse from a voodoo witch that had a bad ride in Fillmore back in the 60's, or mayyybeeee I'm just getting old and my body doesn't like all the crap I throw at it while at the same time I seem to refuse to dedicate time in my week for proper exercise to keep my body on the right track.
Last post found Randy drilling away the outside window panel associated with the fridge placement and me up in my attic trying to manage a leak from an ice damn.












Well the good news is that the window well was removed, surfaces cleaned and primed





Then using the old outer skin as a template I drilled,prepared and primed the new piece of skin for transplant.








Test fit required a tiny bit of tweaking...

And the final product riveted into place with plenty of seam sealer.

Last item of business was the roof air vents. I have no idea what is underneath, but as I quickly approach prep for paint, there is no better time than the present to find out, it's out of my sight but its definitely on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...