Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The good, the bad and the ugly....

I know, I know the temptation here would be to question what is good, what is bad and who is ugly....but no. I WILL NOT stoop to that level of bathroom humor in this blog, well not today anyway.
Harold tirelessly worked away on finishing the paneling, making templates for the rear wheel wells and cutting the plywood to fit.


Good looking results!!
 Meanwhile I started to map out the mods I will start on the front passenger wheel well that will hold the front mounting plate of the fold down sofa bed.

Now for the bad and the ugly. I'm not sure which is which but, as I moved some plywood sheets away from their place of storage I noticed that the side wall of my shelter was looking.....hmmm.. shall we say odd? To paraphrase Mr Shakespeare 'Something is not right in the state of Denmark!'
We has a few days of pretty heavy snowfall in the last 48 hours, the snow load is taking it's toll on Fillmore's house. Designed as a temporary shelter, it has already lasted longer than I thought it would be up....but I need it for a while yet. And right now I need an immediate fix that is more than temporary.
A few minutes to think and problem solve and presto! We have a winner! I changed the set up to allow for slight movement of the tree in the wind but the jack is bolted to the shelter wall and putting pressure on the tree to keep the wall vertical. Just needs to last the winter!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...