Monday, May 5, 2014

BEEEEEEEEAUUUUUUUTIFUL DAY!!!!

 In everyone's life there are a few things that really make them happy, for some it's being curled up on the couch reading a good book with a cup of tea, for others they get that feeling when they are creating like painting or singing. For myself there is a certain primal happiness when I can feel the warmth of the spring sun on my face and still feel the cool air from the cold ground. To me that is spring, a rebirth of life for the year. It really doesn't matter what I'm doing in those conditions(which is good considering my present condition) but just as long as I am outside in the sun, doing something, doing anything!
Everyone needs some vitamin D....including Fillmore.
This past Wednesday Randy came over to help work on Fillmore. I decided that being so nice outside, it would be a crime to work in the shelter of Fillmores garage. So I moved him out to the driveway. The plan was Randy would putter and I would advise.... and that is kind of how the day progressed. I may have done a little more than I had intended....and I may have paid the price for the aforementioned increased activity, but thats' another story. Randy's first job was to refine the window fit in the wells. Most were really good but there were a few that required some adjustments. Randy (always being preparred, brought his own Lee Valley tools German made safety goggles) I would tease him about them if I didn't have a pair myself. None the less everytime I looked over at him working in those things I got a funny feeling of déjà vu, but it took me a while to put my finger on it.



 Randy?......Dr Nafario?....seperated at birth?...you be the judge........just sayin'.....
After the windows we(the royal 'we') moved on to the passenger wheel well, to finish mods to allow the co-pilot seat to be installed.
Finally, a little roof work. The vents originally designed to give air flow to the passengers had been modified and butchered over time. I removed the roof vents to evaluate underneath, now we have to figure out what to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...