Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ahhhhhh, Alberta in May





"His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead."

 -James Joyce







I am not sure I was nearly as poetic as Mr. Joyce when I awoke to see a brand new batch of the white stuff. Jeff on the other hand was delighted.....sort of. First, like I he was bitter and heartbroken that spring, like the girl who stole my heart in high school, was so warm one day and then dumped my world into a pit of ice and misery the next. Thankfully I was a teenage boy and I got over that pretty quick, as did Jeff. His forgiveness to the fickle heart of mother nature was quickly granted when we asked our local lord and ruler of all things related to back recovery (Michelle) if I was allowed to use the snow blower.
Her judgement was swift and unwavering....."What are you crazy?? NO!"
Which then opened the door to Jeff to "pack down" the snow with the quad.....fair trade. He gets to ride, and the cars don't get stuck. I momentarily thought of questioning his technique of 'packing', it seemed more like 'ripping it up'.....but who am I to judge in my present condition.
Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.......that's my motto.


While the weather didn't co-operate Jeff and I decided to play with the LED lights for Fillmore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...