Saturday, May 24, 2014

"The grass is always greener over the septic tank."

There are plenty of literary giants, and then there are some whose stature perhaps isn't as noble as others but they hold a special place in my heart. Good ol' Erma Bombeck who passed away in the mid 90's, much to early at 69, had many little life lesson gems. Including "A child needs your love more when he deserves it least." a bit of advice that I am sure my parents took to heart and as my kids approach teenage drama, I too squirrel that tid bit of parental advice away.

The other day as I was walking through the back yard I had to chuckle at the obvious presentation of my lawn. Which is when another one of Erma's gems came to mind, "The grass is always greener over the septic tank."I snickered and thought "All the years we waste getting caught up in  'the grass is greener on the other side' trap....when truth be known they are just wallowing in the stuff too!!"

The nice thing about bathroom humor, is there is no where to go but up, so upwards and onwards. Lets go all the way up to the ceiling! I spent a little time drilling the pieces Randy had cut the other day, then a simple drill and rivet with a flat head pop rivet.
Now we have a surface that we can place the aluminum extrusions to hold the ceiling panels in place.
I have altered the ceiling line a bit, the original ceiling panels came to the outside edge of the "little shelf"you see in this photo. I want the panels to hug the outer surface, then I will use the shelf as an electrical wire chase,and build a little outside wall so that we have a valence for some indirect lighting options........which brings up another issue.....lighting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...