Friday, February 13, 2015

A whimsical nod to the past

Ahhh be still my beating heart. Alas I may rest.
Forgive me all, I know I sounded like a middle school child who was making a mountain out of a mole hill when paint hit steel. In my defense so much work has happened to get me to the point where the 'public' will notice a difference. And truth be told they will never know, or care, what happened to get us to this point. The main criteria will be....how's it look?
Shallow for me to care?...yes.
But I do. It's not the end all, but I don't want to come this far only to be unhappy with the aesthetics. I am happy to say I am not unhappy. Once the paper came off and I could see everything together, it makes sense and I feel at peace. Today is Friday the 13th and I feel very lucky in life.







My sister in law Adele (why she ever married my brother I will never know) came up with the paint design and color suggestions. Our family then tweaked them to our gut feeling, drawing inspiration from color palettes from the early 50's.
Ladies and Gentlemen.........
FILLMORE









































I had to include both of these shots, as I myself marvel at how color can play in different light. The pic to the left is in an overcast natural light, the right is in the shop under fluorescent illumination.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...