Thursday, February 5, 2015

Parts and Pieces

Corvus corax, The Thompson Turkey, the common Raven. A bird that was definitely prevalent where I grew up, and sometimes I feel we have a lot of things in common. "Common ravens are omnivorous and highly opportunistic: their diet may vary widely with location, season and serendipity". Back home that was a nice way to call it a scavenger....and sometimes late at night as I stand in front of the open door to the fridge and scan the contents again, I suppose I would have to agree with the common trait.
As I walked into the paint shop the other day I had to chuckle about the raven yet again. Folklore says that if you can find a ravens nest you will be rewarded with a multitude of shiny objects from near and far. I never had the fortune to even spot a Ravens nest, let alone look inside, but I have witnessed a raven steal bright shiny objects, particularly brand new shiny white golf balls. So when I saw the parts and pieces of Fillmore set about the shop it made me say "Ooooooooo! "and be drawn to the bright and shiny splendor.



























Don't get me wrong I could revel at the magic that is happening for hours.....but I'm getting a little impatient about getting some variety in my visual stimuli.....I'm looking for a little color in my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...