Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Three R's

Reduce -Reuse-Recycle!
After taking closer stock of the bezel seal retention clips, I thought there was no reason why I couldn't refurbish them with a little elbow grease and rust paint. Plus the fact that I had no idea where I could find clips like that.


So in they went into the ultra-vibe parts cleaner. They came out cleaned up all right, a little more time with some fine steel wool, and they looked even better than the above.




Then, while my daughter watched me and shook her head in disbelief i made a little paint stand. A coat or two of primer and then some tremclad flat black and I was ready to roll.






















When I got everything back together, things looked pretty good. I'll have to wait for install time to make sure the ring seal isn't too big or too small.




















Of course, as I sat in front of the computer with a lovely glass of single malt, somewhere from the deep recesses of my cob webbed mind I remembered a restoration catalogue that I have. They have just about every little widget you could think that you need. Sure enough, after browsing through a few hundred pages....guess what I found.
Oh well, I like what I have!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...