Thursday, February 12, 2015

With a little help from my friends

 What would we do with out friends? Sometimes we need someone to listen, sometimes we need someone to lean on, and sometimes we need someone to simply say..."get over yourself, it's not that big of a deal and there's nothing you can do about it!"

 The application of the blue on Fillmore made me feel unsettled. After some reflection of why I was feeling ill at ease it became apparent in a conversation I was having with my best friend...Michelle. The fact is I hate to loose control.





  I play the part of an easy going soul. What I generally strive for is an egalitarian eutopic existence, but in reality I like to have a hand in my fate. So I think my reaction to the paint was a moment of total loss of control.A realization that whatever the outcome was going to be was now out of my hands. Whatever control I had was already spent and now I am waiting for the falling chips to settle.




Thankfully, many cohorts and collaborators jumped up to support my faltering vision with words of encouragement and congratulations, and by the time I was mid way through my morning I was feeling fine.

 Until I opened the emails....


If the blue made me wring my hands the burnt orange is making me have chest pains.






What would you think if I sang out of tune
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...