Sunday, March 15, 2015

3.1415926...........Hmmmmm Pi

 What defines community?The possible definitions are endless. All you have to do to get a flavor of what it means is to look at Meriam-Websters definition . Then take that and throw in personal biases and and regional beliefs and the permutations of interpretations are endless. For me its the feeling of shared interests and values. So for people from different geographic areas can still feel a feeling of connection if they are reminded of those interests/values by something that makes them feel comforted, safe, warm, sweet with a hint of Cinnamon. Yes, I'm talking Pie here folks.
 What an opportunity we had this past weekend to rise with all the math geeks of the world (Yay Sheldon) and celebrate the most obscure, yet once in a life time, event I can think of. (Although International Ugly Christmas sweater day is right up there) Saturday March 14, 2015 at 9:26am marked the epicenter of the moment.










And frankly I had a great week of community leading up to the event, so in celebration we baked a GF apple-date Pi(e). And nothing goes with pie quite like good strong, fresh,dark,hot coffee.

 Restoring an old Flxible up here in Canada, can be a little bit of a lonely task. I must admit I have had a ton of fantastic support from the greater Flxible community, George in Texas, Bob(RIP) in California, Bill on Vancouver island, and Ben(no fixed address) just to name a few. But this week I met two flxy enthusiasts from my neck of the woods. Dennis who is looking at acquiring one and  Don who already owns one...or three. So after all this time of feeling fairly isolated, I find I have my own northern community.











Thanks to my lovely wife, I was able to putter this weekend. Saturday was +15C here so I made sure I was out in the warm air and sunshine while I replaced panels and did some general clean up.


 Inside the bus the order of business was replacing the interior window wells.










 I was able to get the passenger side done, seal the poly and place the interior skins in place. That was the good news. The bad news was...

 I somehow managed to torque the frame as I tightened it into place, and I cracked another pane. I will have to remove and replace the glass.......uuuuuugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...