Friday, March 20, 2015

Dem Dry Bones

Another great day today, mild and pleasant. A really good recipe for a working on the interior of Fillmore day. A heater, CBC radio,  a couple cups of coffee, and more things to do than I can shake a stick at. I finished installing the remainder of the interior window wells....(no I didn't crack any more glass thank you very much!)...and as I did my mind is working away about what comes next. Thats when the song hits me and sticks with me. "Ezekiel connected dem dry bones...."

a situation in which ripples expand across the water when an object is dropped into it, an effect from an initial state can be followed outwards incrementally

....the cumulative effect produced when one event sets off a chain of similar events.







The interior layout of Fillmore is pretty solid in my head, or I should say I know where things need to be situated, but I'm still working on some of the details about form vs function. I do know I need water, which means I need water tanks. I have planned and placed those already....BUT!....now I am forced to address a job that I haven't done despite my knowledge of it's need to be completed. The drain fitting on the grey water tank needs to be moved. So, pull the floor up and remove the tank to take in to the RV shop. ............."The toe bone's connected to the foot bone...."
Which reminds me, on the opposite side from where I have the tanks mounted I have to reinstall the furnace. I removed it before going to the paint shop......."the foot bones connected to the ankle bone"

Where there's heat, there needs to be cool....A/C.....right!.....I've been avoiding that one.
I don't want a roof top A/C unit. Which means I need to be able to reinstall the belt driven compressor....."the ankle bones connected to the shin bone"....
My issue is space. With the large Cummins, I did everything I could to get as much space as possible, so I could move the engine back as far as I could. I had removed the old engine door latch mechanism as it was right in the way of the cam drive pulley.
I jury rigged something that worked, but all of that would have to be removed and a new latch mechanism fabricated....."the shin bone's connected to the knee bone"



Of course, as I am removing the mounting bolts for the compressor bracket....."the knee bones connected to the thigh bone."...I drop one, and I DON'T hear it hit the ground.

How many times have I seen the mechanics telescopic magnet retrieval tool at NAPA?

Sooooooo, I had to remove the passenger side panel from the engine chute so I could see where it went.....
"the thigh bones connected to the hip bone"

(BTW I found some hieroglyphics on the interior surface of the panel-Mr. Smith?- but that's another blog entery)
After  a few moments to think simply and simply think, I resisted the urge to go buy a specialty tool and applied the KISS rule.
Finally, the compressor was mounted, and the door was tested.









At  stage left we have clearance, not bloody much but it's there. Stage right is a different story...."the hip bone's connected to the back bone".....it appears that I will have to rewire the lights. Running the wires in a different pathway...."the back bones connected to the head bone" 

And yet I still have a smile on my face, and a song STUCK IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...