Monday, March 9, 2015

Down and Dirty

In sales they call it a 'loss leader', in marketing a 'hook', what ever it is that makes someone pause. It's something that peaks a person's interest and step through the front door. My intent was neither but I suspect that because of my entry title there may be a few who end up on this page looking for something to get their mojo running. Either because they are looking for the website of Subaru's unique style of races , or they are looking for something a little more carnal....which I don't think I need to provide a link for.
The title however is literal for me. After limping home Fillmore needed some attention.....and I was missing him so I was happy to dote!
 Fillmore was dirty, when I drove him home it was warm enough that roads were mucky.


 When I had the chance to spend some time on him however, in true southern Alberta fashion, the temp tables had turned. It went from +5 to -20C.


 The power washer didn't work so well, first the facet froze, then the hose froze, and finally I froze. After loosing the feeling in my hand AND feet. I decided it was time to pull the plug, go in and drink coffee and settle to battle another day.


 That day came a week later, when temps were again above 0C.
 I washed Filmore.
 No more dirty.

 Now it was time to get him back up and running, no more down time -Hydraulics are at hand.
 You can see the mounting post(likely not the technical term mechanics use) is simply snapped off.
 A 10 min job, took me an hour or so. Not because I ran into trouble, but because I was quite enjoying myself. Outside in the fresh air, wind in my face and the smell of diesel and hydraulic oil. I was a happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...