Thursday, January 26, 2017

Open and shut case

A bit of a contradiction if you asked me, perhaps a double meaning but not a double entendre. What? No, not what but perhaps better stated Why?
The title open and shut case infers that the topic, or better said the task, of the post would insinuate that the job was quick, easy, simple to execute. And that perhaps is what it should have been, but as I have grown to know that is never, and I mean NEVER, how things work themselves out with Fillmore.
My plan was to simply trim the side of the drawer in question off of the assembled drawer then simply trim,sand and flip and put it back in place. Which I did.....twice. Don't ask, but suffice it  to say that the second time I did it I had to make a new drawer side.
In the end however the drawer was a great fit.

If you go back to the last post you can see where the screw up was. This is what the cabinet was supposed to look like. A few extra cuts, a few extra minutes

 And now the painting continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...